Thursday, June 28, 2012

UPDATE: Dream Catcher

Remember my hope for the dream catcher?  It was going to change lives...allow sleep in my household.  Yea, the only thing that 1/8 Cherokee Indian blood is doing in Moo girl, is giving her a FABULOUS tan!

I'd say she is in my bed 5 out of 7 nights, usually sneaks in anytime between midnight and 5am.  How do I say no to "mama...can I sleep with you" in her sweet squeaky voice?  I can't. I. just. can't.  So when she wandered into my room, to sleep with my new comfy blanket...I didn't think twice about it.

When I could no longer pretend to be asleep I couldn't help but stare at her sweet little face.  She is so peaceful to look at until she decides to talk.  Out of nowhere as I gaze mommaish at her little face she starts to whisper..."mama...COFFEE!!"  she then jabs out her hand grabs a fistful of my hair and pulls me to her.  Confused and dazed...it took everything I had not to bust into hysterics.  I didn't want to wake her out of her slumber, Lord only knows what she would do to me then!

And this is why she doesn't do sleepovers.  
This peacefulness...is deceiving.


No comments: