Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thrifting Thursday Post

I believe it was the Christmas when my boy was one and a half and I was preggers with my girl.  I had been hinting to my husband that I really wanted a down comforter.  How nice to snuggle up in a nice comfy blanket.  So I was a little surprised when I opened my gift and found a Big, Red, Shiny Kitchen Aid Mixer!  Surprised, shock, amused, annoyed...anyone of those adjectives would work.

My pregnancy brain couldn't comprehend on how one could mistake a comforter for a mixer.  A comforter was something of luxury and would help you sleep...while a mixer would torment me and confirm my suspicion that I really sucked at baking.  I was happy with my big bowl and spoon, it worked just fine with my box of brownie mix.  

So, I returned it, and had my eye out for a new comfy comforter.  The thing is, I never found that perfect comforter...and basically was shit out of luck on the Christmas gift that year.  I'm sure the refund money went to kid toys, because, well, thats what I do.  

I have no one to blame but myself.  Should have just kept the damn mixer in a box under my sink for a few years until I was ready to use it...like now.  Yes, I would like that Big, Red, Shiny Kitchen Aid mixer now, 5 years later.  I've been thinking about it lately.  How it would be nice to try to make some homemade bread with the kids.  I could try to make some kind of bakery good that didn't come from a box.  When my girlfriend requested that on my thriftshop runs to look for a Kitchen Aid mixing bowl, I knew I was really missing out.

But I don't want to spend that kind of money on something I may or may not ever use...so as I was browsing in my stores...I found this beauty!


Its not Big, Red, Shiny or even a Kitchen Aid...but it'll do.  And for $3.99, I'm all about it.

And it makes great box brownies!








No comments: