Saturday, April 14, 2012

For the love of t-shirts


I have a thing for quirky t-shirts.  It started with this one...

It was my brothers.  I confiscated it before he went into the army when I was in 8th grade.  Not sure how I've held onto it this long...but I have.  I've never worn it.  I think it started out with sentimental value, and now its one of my t-shirt obessions. I keep waiting to wear it...maybe this summer I will.











Then on one of my many visits to the thrift store...I found this one...
 As a kid I loved "LOVE IS" use to cut them out of the paper, and collect them.  It was such a big deal when I was little.  Not sure if they even make the cartoon anymore.  This shirt reminds me of being a kid, and I feel like one when I'm wearing it.

My kids are not immune to my obsession.

But I am picky about their t-shirts.  I'm not a fan of the "I am better than You" sayings.  I like quirky, not "you suck, eat my dust shirts".  We've all seen them.  Sometimes they give you a giggle, sometimes it brings out your competitive nature.  But overall, if I don't want my kid saying it, I don't want him wearing it.














Don't like the "girls rule, boys drool" concept either.  I'm more of a "Girl Power" with sequins kinda t-shirt buyer for my daughter.


My moms name is Ruby...so how could I resist a "fruit juice stand shirt"?







Now onto the main reason I'm typing up this blog post...


I found it a week or so ago - so giddy when I picked it up...waiting for the perfect day for her to wear it...and yesterday was it.  DJ DANCE PARTY!!  I love that she is channeling her inner Pat Benatar!



3 comments:

Laurie said...

My daughter's name is Ruby so I have two of those Ruby's Fruit Stand shirts. I couldn't resist buying them in a couple of different sizes :)

Unknown said...

hehehe...that made me smile!

JoKnows said...

Awesome t-shirts. You have made me want to start a collection! :)