Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Remember the teaser picture from facebook I sent out last night?  
What sweet memories.

Let's start out with the good.   
Started my day by taking a quick run to Hobby Lobby, which always puts me in a great mood.  Still not exactly sure what I was going to do, and knowing I had everything I could possibly need at home, except little pearls...which I found in the bridal section for seventy-five cents.  
I was so excited to start my shoe project, but life happens.  Kids come home from school, gymnastics, and dinner...so at 11pm I gathered some supplies, I had a vague idea of what I wanted to do...I needed a soy candle, needle/thread, satin...why a candle?  Well, to make satin flowers, you use a candle to keep the edges from fraying...why soy?  Because it doesn't leave the black soot from the flame on your flower.

So as I was staring at the shoe with the pearls in hand...I had no idea what to do.  I knew that I needed a strap for these beauties...so, I decided a pearl strap would look great...it would look like little ankle bracelets.  Great idea until I realized that I had no idea what size strap I would need.  So I got out my night vision goggles, and sneaked into Maddies room.


And yes, that is a very large, sharp needle by her foot.  Remember it was after 11pm.

The pearl strap looked and worked great.  I used elastic thread so that it would be an easy on and off.
  So now onto the flowers. 

I was pleased.  Not overly impressed, but at least pleased.  So when Moo woke up in the morning I had her model the one shoe I created...
I was so excited!  I was going to finish my blog post, and I was going to look so crafty.
I started my project again about 11pm tonight...gathered some more supplies, this time I was going to take pictures, and it was going to be so pretty...



Then bad things started to happen. I was not liking my flowers.  They didn't look even too me.  They started to look odd.  I still decided to hot glue them on.  I needed to finish.  I had to finish.  I had to POST my beautiful Pinterest inspired shoes!!!  Before I could even take a picture of the final product...I  tore them off.  They were not right.  When I bought these shoes I knew that there where some small holes from the staples that the smart people at the thrift store used to attach the price, but I thought I could cover them up, with the flower.  I kinda did.

That plastic flower embellishment on the shoe...I again thought I could cover it up nicely...I sorta did.  But because of all the covering I had to do, I made these flowers too big.  And so now...we have the ugly...

But that's okay...tomorrow is a new day, I have another thing of bridal pearls, and I have an entirely new idea...




No comments: