Monday, March 19, 2012

These shoes were made for dancing...

and most likely will be taken off in the first 5 minutes of the Daddy Daughter Dance...but that's ok.

if you remember we started with this...

a little big for my girl, but they still worked...put a little cotton in the toes and she'll be fine. My big idea was to clean them up and add a flower...so I got this...

which was very nice, but in my midnight meltdown I turned them into this...


Not good...not good at all.
So back to the drawing board I went.  I stayed away from these shoes, far away, mad because the flower was perfectly fine. You know how I know this...I showed Maddie the new shoes I created...the first thing she says "where's the flower?" my shoulders dropped, a small sigh escaped me...and then she says..."ooohh..look at those" and starts petting the pearls...and all is good again in my crafting world.

But don't think I'm done...shoes need a matching hair accessory.  We also need some clip on earrings or Maddie will be very disappointed.  So this week, and preferably before midnight I will be crafting some matching accessories...the dance is this Saturday and I plan on doing a little photo shoot...and as long a I don't have any crafting breakdowns...all will stay good in the world.


No comments: