Sunday, March 25, 2012

These shoes were NOT made for walkin'

I get this thought in my head...and I don't let it go.  Any other sane mother would have given up on those pink shoes.  They would have went and bought a pretty pair that fit their daughter correctly.  But I'm not sane.  I'm crafty.

Those damn shoes were going to work. I made them pretty, but unfortunately I couldn't make maddie's feet grow.  So, I go and buy a bunch of stuff to make these shoes work...sure steps so she doesn't slip on her butt, foam padding for the inside of her shoe, along with a lot of fleece in the toe bed...

After all this...the shoes were still flipping off her foot.  UGH!  I stared at these shoes, I had to walk away from these shoes...and instead of hurling them through my living room, I realize, its the ankle strap!  As beautiful as that string of pearls looks...it gives no anchorage for the shoe.    This causes another dilemma...what the hell do I do now?!?!  I again stare at these crafty little shoes that I'm starting to hate...and it hits me...ELASTIC!  This was no easy feat...I decide to make a satin covering for the elastic, then I have to thread it through the little back strap and then sew the elastic and covering together while connected to the shoe.  I someone how managed this...and got these little pretties...


I high-fived myself and went on...to the headband


After an hour of twirling this satin to look just so...its done!  Looks pretty doesn't it?

One problem...
It looks like a cupcake on her head!











No problem!  Remember these beauties?  One of them is now a headband, and I made miniature ones for earrings to complete her ensemble.  Its all good.








Now all we have to do is wait...and wait...poor Maddie was just beside herself...she wants to go!

No comments: